Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens
- F Mount Lens / DX Format
- 27-157.5mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to 22
- One Aspherical & One ED Glass Element
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Nikon VR Image Stabilization
- Super Integrated Lens Coating
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
- Minimum Focus Distance: 17.7″
- Filter Thread Diameter: 67mm
Nikon’s AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens is a welcome addition to the Nikon DX-format DSLR systems, and an ideal counterpart to the D90 DSLR. This versatile optic offers much of the benefits of the enormously-popular 18-200mm VR lens but in a lighter, smaller body that takes a smaller filter as well.
The AF-S Silent Wave Motor in the 18-105mm VR yields speedy, silent, on-the-money AF performance with fulltime manual focus override. In particular, the AF-S motor keeps up with skittish, erratic subjects that overwhelm normal camera-driven-motor AF systems. You’ll get more ‘keeper’ images of those fast-moving animals, athletes, children, vehicles and the like.
Along with the SWM (Silent Wave Motor), the 18-105 benefits from the VR Image Stabilizer built in to the lens, which will give you the ability to handhold the camera at shutter speeds up to three stops slower than would otherwise normally be possible. Always a benefit to a handheld pic, this is of particular usefulness whenever you’re photographing slow-moving subjects in low light. The benefit of in-lens stabilization is seen in the viewfinder, making composing and capturing the image easier as well.
Note! Use of DX lenses are not recommended with 35mm cameras.
- DX Lenses exclusively designed for Nikon digital SLRs with the DX-size sensor; equivalent focal length in 35mm terms is 27-157mm
- VR (Vibration Reduction) minimizes camera-movement image blur, enabling handheld shooting ~3 stops slower
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass element and aspherical lens element
- Built-in A/M switch enables instant exchange between AF & manual focus
- S ilent W ave M otor for ultra-fast, ultra-quiet AF
- Non-rotating front element eases use of polarizing filters
- Rounded 7-blade aperture diaphragm renders pleasing out-of-focus highlights
Focal Length 18 – 105 mm Aperture Maximum: f/3.5 – 5.6;Minimum: f/22 Camera Mount Type Nikon F Format Compatibility Nikon DX;FX in DX Crop Mode Angle of View 76° – 15° Minimum Focus Distance 1.48′ (45 cm) Magnification 0.20x Maximum Reproduction Ratio 1:5 Groups/Elements 11/15 Diaphragm Blades 7