Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G Lens
Nikon Fast, medium telephoto FX-format portrait lens offers crisp and natural image reproduction for stills and HD video
- F Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- Super Integrated Lens Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Internal Focus
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- Minimum Focus Distance: 2.6′
- Filter Diameter: 67mm
- 7-Blade Circular Diaphragm
Designed for use on Nikon’s FX-format D-SLR cameras, this updated medium telephoto f/1.8 lens is designed for shooting stills or HD video. The AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8 features Nikon’s Internal Focus (IF) system providing fast and quiet AF. Its fast aperture is ideal for taking stills or D-Movie HD video in low light or for portraiture where it excels in rendering softly focused backgrounds. When mounted on a DX-format D-SLR, the AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f /1.8 has an effective field of view of 127mm.
Flattering portraits in any lightGet astonishing low light results
This medium telephoto portrait lens is great for use in the studio, on set or for shooting in available light; producing stills or HD video of people with attractive skin tones and beautiful background blur. With its fast f/1.8 aperture, the AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G will capture even low-light situations with stunning brilliance.
The beauty is in the detailsDesigned for digital with superior performance
Nikon’s Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare. Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM) assures fast, accurate and quiet autofocus as well as full compatibility including autofocus with Nikon’s complete line up of FX- and DX-format cameras.
Beautiful background blurAchieve more natural depth of field
When you need to isolate the subject from the background, as when shooting portraits indoors or outdoors stills or HD video, the AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G renders a beautiful, natural background blur (Bokeh ) at its wider aperture settings.
The Nikon 85mm F/1.8 is commonly used for Landscape/scenery, Low light, Night photography, Weddings, Wildlife photos and more.The Nikon 85mm F/1.8 is most used by customers who consider themselves to be a Photo enthusiast, Semi-pro photographer among others.The Nikon 85mm F/1.8 is popular because customers like the following qualities of the Nikon 85mm F/1.8: Consistent output, Durable, Easily interchangeable, Fast / accurate auto-focus, Lightweight, Nice bokeh, Rugged, Strong construction to mention just a few.
Nikon 85mm F/1.8 Features
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM): Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus
- Fast f/1.8, compact FX-format prime (fixed focal length) medium telephoto lens: Optimized for FX-format D-SLR cameras but equally at home on any Nikon DX-format D-SLR, featuring SilentWave Motor technology (SWM) and Internal Focusing (IF)
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC): To enhance the performance of its optical lens elements, Nikon employs an exclusive multilayer lens coating that helps reduce ghost and flare to a negligible level. Nikon SIC achieves a number of objectives, including minimized reflection in the wider wavelength range and superior color balance and reproduction
- Internal Focus (IF): Imagine being able to focus a lens without it changing in size. Nikon’s IF technology enables just that. All internal optical movement is limited to the interior of the nonextending lens barrel. This allows for a more compact, lightweight construction as well as a closer focusing distance.
- M/A Focus Mode Switch: AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon’s exclusive M/A mode, that allows switching from autofocus to manual operation with virtually no time lag even during AF servo operation and regardless of AF mode in use.